Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Mothers Day Momma!!!

Yours of course is still in the box.  But, I'm pretty sure that it is a lot like this one.  Now you don't need any help hauling rocks to build your own.  ;)
You just now need to find a way to get it from here to there...

Things have been extra busy around the Rustad House as of late.  I have been busy busy busy trying to get my yard patched together... time and water and time.  I guess that's all it takes (with the addition of a little grass seed and fertilizer).  

I was hoping to have the grass looking good for Sophie's first birthday party next weekend, but it will be what it will be.  At least there shouldn't be any "hidden treasures".

Sophie is sharing her big day with her little friend, Brynn.  Brynn turned one today, but since we pretty much have the same circle of friends, we are having a joint P-A-R-T-Y!  Sophie is super excited because she loves her little Brynn friend.

I'll def. post some pics of the shin-dig... it should be super cute.
I'm going with a "Sunshine & Smiles" theme.  Since Sophie is my little sunshine, and she has brought so many smiles into our lives over this past year, it only seemed fitting.

Everything will be done up in yellows and light pinks!  So, this weekend, I'll be busy making tissue paper pom pom garlands, pennants, and god only knows what else!

Last weekend, I finally got my porch pots planted, and even got my backyard flowerbed  off to a decent start.  I was having so much fun, I even decided to dig up a patch of my dead backyard and turn it into a veggie/herb garden.  So far it's just chives and tomatoes, but that's about all it can handle at the moment...


 Sophie LOVES the Carpet!  


Here is Sophie's new toy.  Which she LOVEs!  
She won't let me put her in the swing, but she likes to push it!
 Here is Gnome-Burt.  He protects our yard from evil pee spots.... 

 
 The girls hangin out in their yard.


 sophie truckin along....

 This little girl is always on a mission to go somewhere.... or shall I say get somewhere.


She can't wait for her back yard to heal up.
And, neither can her mommy.



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the FireRing!!! Perfect!! You know I've been wanting a firepit for a long time....now I have one!! Thank You!!
    Your patio looks wonderful!! Love Burt too..most of all Love, love, love that little Sophie!! She is busy...so cute...and hair!!

    ReplyDelete