Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Our New Nest...



Here it is! As you can see, we still haven't gotton our yard installed yet. Yes, I said installed. I can't quite believe it, but we're going to be yuppies and get an instant yard. What is the world coming to?



Here are old urns. They used to be a really light concreate color--which blended in perfectly with the rocks on the front of the house & the concreate drive. So I went to Wal*Mart, bought a $8 can of spray, scrounged up some old black oil paint from my art supplies--and Ta-Dah! Now they POP! I really like how they look. And, Mom, I even propped them up in the front so that the tops are now level.
We also have purchased a dark slate street number sign to go in the middle of the front of the garage. These urns will tie right in ...... But, I will save that for another post. Ryan still has to put it up....
This is our front entry.

When you come in the front entry there is a large dropped foyer, & you are greeted by this....
Chances are, however, that your greeting will not be as pacific...
You head straight, twords the back of the house, and on your Right is the Living Room. And on the Left is the Kitchen.
(Before's)
(After's)
We bought all stainless appliances... I have had them for 1 week, and already I have dented the fridge door, spilt greasy water down the door vent of the oven, baked on foil to the bottom of the oven that WILL NOT come off, and melted a spoon to the bottom of my dishwasher that has now left a pile of hard residue.
5 years with the cheapest appliances that Sears had, and never a problem. 1 week with nice stuff, and I ruin it....
I finally got around to decorating the tops of my cupboards. I like how it turned out. I put white lights around the tops of them to brighten the kitchen. It works. Below is a photo of them turned on at night. I just ended up running an extension cord through the back of a corner cabinet, there is a hole there where the cabinet doesn't touch the wall. Now, I don't have to worry about Ryan's reaction to me drilling holes through the cabinets...
This is a picture of the Dining Room. It is straight off the front of the Kitchen. This room is desparate for some attention.... but, I am going to have to wait on it. My plan is to find some sturdy old chairs (ladderbacks would be lovely...) and then go from there....
This is the view from the DR window.
And this is the back of our house. The dining room is the window on the right, and the living room is the window behind the red umbrella.
And, that's it. For the most part anyways. I will be back as soon as they get my yard in with an update..... I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment