Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Project Chalkboard

I went shopping this past Saturday in hopes to find a large 2'x3' chalkboard that I could hang on my basement door. I found nothing...and I'm a pretty darn good shopper. (Let me clarify--I found no chalkboard. I did, however, find a very cute fall jacket! ....amongst other things...)

Everywhere I went, I was told "We have no chalkboards, but, we do have chalkboard paint.

So, I decided to giver a whack and make a chalkboard. I figured that it couldn't be all that hard. So, I went down to our local hardware store (Fraisers Pro!) and bought a sheet of ?-board (like peg-board without the holes), 2 strips of pretty moulding, 2 itty bitty "red gumball" wall paint samples, and a pint of chalkboard paint.

I got the hardware store to cut up my big sheet of ?-board into 2 - 2'x3' sections, leaving me with a HUGE 5'x4' piece (which I somehow managed to stuff in the back of the jeep amongst a whole shopping day's worth of purchases...). I cut the moulding at home into two 2' & 3' pieces.

..and voila!

...it's amazing what a little bit of caulk & paint can do for poor carpentry skills. Not to mention liquid nails, and a roll of double sided sticky tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment