Sunday, November 29, 2009

My Paintings...

The semester is almost over. Next Friday (Dec 04th) is the last day of classes. Then Finals on Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday (2!).

I thought that I would post my paintings from my watercolor class that I am taking. Each week we had a different 'theme'.

I will post them from my first painting in class to my final painting.



1-Experimental
This was supposed to be an abstract,
but I really wanted to paint a tree...so I did.

2-- Reproduction
This was a painting that we had to reproduce from our text.

3--Abstract
We used a viewfinder (a small rectangular cutout of paper) and magazines to find an interesting design. Believe it or not, this used to be Maddona's Dress.


4--Floral


5-- Abstract
I don't really like abstracts, but the teacher loves them.
We were given geometric stensils to use for our design.



6--Landscape
Ryan and I were walking the dogs around the golfcourse one night, and I couldn't get over how beautiful it is at night. So, I tried to reproduce it.




7--Final Project

Painting the dogs wasn't even my idea. I had wated to paint a tree full of crows, but my teacher...upon hearing of how badly Ryan wanted me to choose them as my subjects, insisted upon it. I decided that this would be the one gift that I could give to Ryan for Christmas that he would actually be thankful for.

And that's it.

There are more little bits here and there of stuff that we did in class, but those were the "paintings".

No comments:

Post a Comment