Saturday, August 29, 2009

Todays Finds...

We woke up to rain this morning, and it hasn't stopped pouring. Mother Nature has given us an entire day of relentless rain. So, Ryan and I decided to make the best of a no-good rainy day and pilfer through the $5 movie bin at Wal-Mart. I was allowed one stop of my choosing...so I chose a little antique shop in Kingston. And I am so glad that I did...

I found this cute little cast iron teapot... #5 for the collection! (...and only $5)


...and I found these hand painted porcelain napkin rings. (a steal at $5)!

But, the absolute best find of the day was this cute-as-a-button set of plates (a Frenchy's find). They are Homer Laughlin China, and they are thick, like resturaunt-ware.
Ryan "advised" me to put them back, but how could I? I had fallen in love with all 4 of them. And, at only 50 cents each, I would never be able to forgive myself had I not given them a loving home...

Best of all--they are a perfect match to turquoise plates that I already have!
(another steal...from CAD Tire @ 1.99 each).
Thank God for rainy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment